Here are some of the Question Answer of Google Adwords (PPC) you must know before going for an Interview.
1) What is Google Adwords?
It is a system design by Google to assist in marketing product and services in Google search engine.
2) How Adwords work?
Basically it work on bidding system if the bidding price on a keyword is higher then your ad will appear on top of the Google Search Engine. Adwords works on “pay per click (PPC)”, it means If some one clicks on your ad then you only pay the amount you have bid.
3) why to use Google Adwords?
Google Adwords behave differently to traffic that comes from Google Adwords or “Pay Per Click”. The traffic that comes through surfing often visits the website for information, whereas the traffic via pay per click knows what they are clicking on and what they want to buy. So few visitors through Adwords might be more valuable than million visitors.
4) what is Ad rank?
Ad rank determines the ad position on Google Search Engine page, and it is determined by your bid for that keyword and quality score of ad.
5) How does Ad rank impact Cost-Per-Click?
Ad rank plays an important role in defining the actual cost-per-click (CPC) that your opponents pay, when someone clicks on their ads. Your CPC can be calculated by following way
Your Price = The ad rank of the person below you/ your quality score + $0.01
6) What is Google Quality Score?
Google’s quality score determines how beneficial and relevant your ad is to the user. It is based on your ad’s CTR, quality of landing page and keyword relevance. Higher quality score keywords will save your money and earn better ad ranking.
7) what is an ad group in Google Adwords?
Ad group is a container of your keywords, advertisements, and landing pages. Google rewards advertisers who prepare Adword campaigns with tightly structured ad groups. Its not advisable to include all your keywords into the single ad group, but to organize keywords into themes.
8) what is conversion optimizer in Adwords?
Conversion Optimizer is a tool used by Google Adwords for bid manipulation and decides which clicks on the ad will be valuable.
Benefits of implementing Conversion Optimizer include:
- Increased profits: Gets you more conversion at a lower cost.
- Easy to use: Improves AdWords’ ease of use with less time spent managing bids, since the feature does a lot of the work for you. It’s easy to turn on, as well.
- No additional charge: No extra fees or new interfaces to learn.
9) What are the types of Google Adword Ad Extensions?
The Ad extensions used in adwords are:
- Call Extensions
- Location Extensions
- Social Annotations
- Seller ratings
- Mobile app extensions
- Offer ads
- Communication Ad
- Review extension
- Image and drop down navigation Ad extension
10) Mention in google Adwords that options can’t be changed after creating an account?
After creating account Currency and Time Zone, cannot be changed.
11) How you can improve conversion rates?
By creating ads that match properly with keywords and create tightly themed ad groups, you can target users to the campaign that helps in conversions.
12) Explain what is the meaning of CTR and how you can calculate?
CTR stands for Click through rate and it tells the number of visitors visited on your ad on the web page.
The formula for calculating CTR is
Number of click / Number of impressions X 100
These will give you an answer in percentage like what percentage of customers have viewed your ad.
13) Mention what are the type of Keywords?
There are no specific types for Keywords however they are classified on the basis of how likely is going to be clicked by visitors
- Research Keywords: It tends to contain one or two words – Tea
- Consideration: It tends to contain two or three words – Green Tea
- Purchase: It must have more than three words – buy loose green tea
- Loyalty: This must be shorter- Starbucks
14) what is Google Ad API?
Google Ad API is designed for representing large, tech savvy advertisers and third parties. It allows developers build an application that directly interacts with Google Adwords server.
15) Explain what are the other two options for bidding other than CPC?
Other than CPC the other two options are CPM (Cost per Thousand Impression) and CPA ( Cost Per Action ).