Revolutionizes the CNG market with incredible performance, class leading safety, intelligent technology and impressive features
Drives in the CNG portfolio at a starting price of INR 6,09,900
- ‘Incredible’ performance with the new iCNG technology- most powerful CNG cars in its segment
- ‘Iconic’ safety with best in class safety features built-in
- ‘Intelligent’ technology features for utmost comfort and convenience – direct start in CNG, single advance ECU, auto switchover between fuels
- ‘Impressive’ segment-first features for delightful ownership experience
Tata Motors, India’s leading automobile brand, today launched the advanced iCNG technology in its ever popular brands – Tiago and Tigor. iCNG powered vehicles offer a delightful customer experience with incredible performance, offer best in class safety and come with an impressive array of features including segment-first technologies and promising hassle-free ownership.
With this launch, Tata Motors plans to strengthen its position in the CNG market, empowering customers to drive in style and experience an advanced CNG technology, without any compromise. In line with the CNG markets in India, the new iCNG range from Tata Motors, will be available at the company’s authorised sales outlets at a starting price of INR 6,09,900, ex-showroom Delhi, for the Tiago iCNG.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Shailesh Chandra, Managing Director, Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Ltd., and Tata Passenger Electric Mobility Ltd., said, “The demand for both economical personal mobility as well as greener, emission friendly mobility is rapidly rising. With this foray in the fast growing segment of CNG powered vehicles, we are offering more choice to our discerning customers. Our iCNG range offers a delightful experience with incredible performance, a wide range of premium features, upmarket interiors and uncompromised safety. Developed on the 4-pillars of Design, Performance, Safety and Technology, the feature rich iCNG technology will further expand the appeal of our popular ‘New Forever’ range of cars and SUVs to open new vistas for growth.”
The new Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG are powered by the Revotron 1.2L BS6 engine which produces maximum power of 73PS – the highest for any CNG car in this segment. The iCNG cars comes in with best-in-class technology and features, programmed to deliver optimum performance and seamless shifting of fuel modes from Petrol to CNG and vice versa, providing a no-compromise experience for their customers. In an endeavour to provide the CNG customers with a range of options to choose from, Tata Motors has introduced its iCNG vehicles across trim levels of the Tiago and the Tigor.
Price list below:
In line with the New Forever philosophy, the iCNG cars will stand strong on 4 key pillars:
- ‘Incredible’ performance – With best in class power, easy maneuverability, effortless driving in every terrain and returned suspension, the Tiago and the Tigor iCNG are undoubtedly the most powerful CNG cars in their respective segment
- ‘Iconic’ safety – Built on a proven platform for safety, both the cars use high strength steel with the inclusion of standard safety features such as dual airbags, ABS with EBD and Corner Stability control
- ‘Intelligent’ technology – With a single advance ECU, auto switchover between fuels, direct start in CNG (segment first), faster refueling and a digital instrument cluster, the Tiago and the Tigor iCNG have been designed mindfully to provide utmost comfort and convenience to their owners
- ‘Impressive’ features – Both cars have been loaded with features to ensure customers have a pleasurable ownership experience. While the Tiago iCNG comes with new features like the Projector Headlamps, LED DRLs, Chrome embellishments on the exteriors and premium black and beige dual tone interiors; the Tigor iCNG too comes equipped with features such as Rain sensing wipers, Automatic headlamps, Dual tone roof, new seat fabric and new dual tone black and beige interiors
Furthermore, adding to the current colour palate, the company has also introduced an interesting new Midnight Plum in the Tiago and a Magnetic Red in the Tigor. Both these cars will come with a warranty of 2 years or 75,000 kms, whichever is earlier, as a standard option for all customers.
For more details, please refer to the adjoining specification sheet or visit the website at https://cars.tatamotors.com/cars. Customers can also enquire, request a test drive, make bookings, and select their preferred financing option on the website.
About Tata Motors
Part of the USD 109 billion Tata group, Tata Motors Limited (NYSE: TTM; BSE: 500570 and 570001; NSE: TATAMOTORS and TATAMTRDVR), a USD 34 billion organization, is a leading global automobile manufacturer of cars, utility vehicles, pick-ups, trucks, and buses, offering extensive range of integrated, smart, and e-mobility solutions. With ‘Connecting Aspirations’ at the core of its brand promise, Tata Motors is India’s market leader in commercial vehicles and amongst the top three in the passenger vehicles market.
Tata Motors strives to bring new products that fire the imagination of GenNext customers, fueled by state-of-the-art design and R&D centers located in India, UK, US, Italy, and South Korea. With a focus on engineering and tech enabled automotive solutions catering to the future of mobility, the company’s innovation efforts are focused to develop pioneering technologies that are sustainable as well as suited to evolving aspirations of the market and the customers. The company is pioneering India’s Electric Vehicle (EV) transition and driving the shift towards sustainable mobility solutions by preparing a tailor-made product strategy, leveraging the synergy between the Group companies, and playing an active role liaising with the Government in developing the policy framework.
With operations in India, the UK, South Korea, Thailand, South Africa, and Indonesia, supported by a strong global network of 103 subsidiaries, 9 associate companies, 4 joint ventures and 2 joint operations as on March 31, 2021, Tata Motors’ commercial and passenger vehicles are marketed in countries, spread across Africa, Middle East, South & Southeast Asia, Australia, South America, Russia, and other CIS countries.